2018-12-021: General Updates
- Authorize.Net Sync: You can now sync existing customer payment methods into Recur360 from the Authorize.Net Customer Information Manager! If you visit Settings->Payments and select Authorize.Net, once you have connected your Authorize.Net account you will see a new Authorize.Net Settings area
where you can enable the sync. You can pull in payment methods by matching the Description in Authorize.Net to the Display Name of a customer, by matching the Email in Authorize.Net to the Email of a customer, or by matching the Customer ID field in Authorize.Net to the Account Number in a customer (QuickBooks Desktop Only).
- Customer Types: QuickBooks Online Accounts now sync in Customer Type. If you go to add or edit a customer, there is an area
where you can select a Customer Type from Customer Types you've created in your QuickBooks file.
- Email Settings: In Settings->Email, you can now choose to always show the Billing or Shipping Address area on a PDF even when that area is empty on the customer.
Doing so will always show the area in the PDF and include the customer's name, company, phone number, email address, and website if those fields are filled in on the customer.
- Billing/Shipping State: When adding/editing a customer, the billing and shipping State/Province field now has a typeable dropdown prefilled with all US States and Canada Provinces to help maintain better consistency for addresses.
You can still type in any value you want in the field if you would like a different value.
- Stripe Currency Type: If you add in Stripe as your payment processor, when you visit Settings->Payments and choose Stripe, there is a new setting where you can choose to have all your Stripe charges use the 'United States Dollar' or 'Canada Dollar' currency type.
- Table Updates:
- The customer type will show up on the Customers page, Recurring Invoices page, Collections Center page, Recur360 Invoice History report, and Invoice Errors report.
- You can now choose a beginning and end date for the Recur360 Invoice History report.
- For QuickBooks Online users, the Recur360 Invoice History report, Invoice Errors report, and any Customer Invoices page will now show any Customer Notes as well.
- For QuickBooks Online users, the Recurring Invoice Lines report now includes the Location of the Recurring Invoice.
2018-10-01: General Updates
- Invoice Details Page: When you click on any invoice within Recur360, the Invoice Details page has been redesigned. In addition to the redesign, you can now make internal notes within Recur360 on any invoice in the Recur360 Notes area and you can also view any Recurring Payments connected to the invoice.
- Customer Details Page: When you click on any customer within Recur360, the Customer Details page has been redesigned. In addition to the redesign, you can now view the email history of emails sent from Recur360 to the customer along with any Recurring Payments the customer is linked to. You can also view the link the customer can get emailed with the "Email Link" button on top.
- Recurring Invoice Page: When you go to add/edit any recurring invoice within Recur360, the Edit Recurring Invoice page has been redesigned.
- In addition to the redesign, you can now view the billing address of the selected customer and you can also choose a new option to "Automatically Post a Manual Payment for the Invoice Amount into QuickBooks with Invoice Without Any Processing".
- Choosing that option will post a full payment against the invoice without requiring/processing any CC/ACH payment methods.
- Create Dynamic Data: Next to Customer Memo or the Invoice Line description you can create new dynamic variables that you can use. Clicking on the "Create Dynamic Date" button will allow you to specify new variables such as "15th of Month 1 Month After Invoice Date".
- Recurring Invoice Lines Report: There is now a new Recurring Invoice Lines report in the Reports section. This report will show every line linked to any of your recurring invoices between the dates you specify. You can click on the various fields to be redirected.
- Email Link Settings: When you visit Settings->Email, if you allow customers to view past invoices in their invoice link, you can now set how far back past invoices should display. Any invoices dated earlier than your selected date will no longer show.
- Customer Payment Settings: You can set whether or not individual customers can pay by ACH, CC, or Both. When editing a customer, there is a new Invoice Link Settings area where you can specify those options. Then in the Email Link customer's receive, they will be limited to only being able to pay with the set option (as long as your payment processor supports that option).
- When you go to edit a customer, you can now view the date any payment details were added.
- In Settings->Email, you can now check a box to hide item names/codes from emails/pdfs sent from Recur360, only showing the line descriptions.
- The Payment History report for QuickBooks Online users now shows customer notes.
- In Settings->Account, QuickBooks Desktop users can view the version of QuickBooks they are connected to.
2018-07-31: QuickBooks Desktop Integration Updates
- Bug Fix: For QuickBooks Desktop connected accounts only, specific conditions could have led to a small number of emails displaying the incorrect invoice totals for Recurring Invoices generated between 7/17 - 7/31. Only the totals displayed in the emails/invoice details pages in Recur360 may have been incorrect. The amounts synced into QuickBooks would have been correct, and as soon as Recur360 syncs through the Web Connector with your QuickBooks file, those numbers would have been corrected for all future emails.
Be sure to sync Recur360 with the Web Connector to update any recently sent invoices
2018-07-17: General Updates
- Stripe Sync: If you are using Stripe as your payment processor, you now have the capability to automatically sync your customer's card/ach details with the card/ach details already saved in your Stripe account. If you visit Settings->Payments and select Stripe from the dropdown, if Stripe is connected, there will be a new Stripe Settings area.
In there you have the ability to enable the Stripe sync. Once that is enabled, your Stripe account will sync with Recur360 automatically every night, and there will also be a new 'Sync Stripe' button
in the side menu so you can manually start a sync. When a sync occurs, Recur360 will compare all of your Recur360 customers with all of your Stripe Customers through there email addresses. If there is an exactly matching email address, Recur360 will sync in all Card/ACH details from that Stripe customer Record into Recur360 and delete any payment details from Recur360 that were already deleted in Stripe. This is very useful if you are adding/removing payment details directly in Stripe or through other Stripe integrations, removing the need to manually update your payment details in Recur360.
- Recurring Invoices: When creating/editing a recurring invoice, you now have the capability to include one time line items. When you go to add/edit a line item to the recurring invoice, there is a new 'Delete This Line Item After First Invoice' checkbox.
If that is checked, only the very first invoice generated by the recurring invoice will include that line. After the first run, the line will be deleted from the invoice. At the bottom of the recurring invoice, you will be able to see a breakdown of the totals for the first invoice and the totals for all future invoices after that.
This can be useful for scenarios such as if you have an additional deposit that needs to be included only on the very first invoice.
- Inactive Customers: There is now a checkbox in the Customers section allowing you to show inactive customers.
- Customer Email: When visiting a customer record, there is a new 'Send Customer Email' button.
This will allow you to send an email to that customer with a custom message and include the invoice payment link if that is enabled.
- Email Invoice Link: There is now the capability to display the invoice link without allowing payment or requiring a payment processor.
If you visit Settings->Email you can now have both the Card and ACH payment processor set to none, but still show the invoice link on emails. Doing so will allow customers to view and send invoice emails to themselves without allowing payment. You can also disable all invoice links by setting all payment processors to none and unchecking the 'Show Invoice Link on Emails' option. No future emails would include the invoice link and any links sent in the past would be disabled.
- Past Invoices: If you visit Settings->Email, you now have the capability to disable the ability for customers view their past invoices in the email invoice link.
This will still allow users to view and pay all open invoices.
- There are also a number of UI updates and behind the scene enhancements throughout.
QuickBooks Desktop Integration Updates
- Formatting: Invoice line item descriptions and item descriptions imported from QuickBooks will now retain line breaks.
- Inactive Customers: There is now a dropdown in the Collections Center allowing you to filter between Active, Inactive, or All Customers.
*Note- this dropdown only shows if you have inactive customers
- Line Items Not Linked To Items: Recur360 will now import invoice lines that only have a description and are not linked to an item, allowing you to view those details as well in the invoice details screen, emails, and pdfs.
- Invoice Details: When viewing an invoice details page, you can now view the class of any line item in the line.
- *You may need to sync with the QuickBooks Web Connector at least once with this update before all these features will take affect. The first sync may take longer than usual.
2018-06-07: General Updates
- Add Dynamic Dates To Recurring Invoice Text: You now have the ability to add various dynamic dates to the text of your recurring Invoices! You can add in the invoice date, invoice due date, day before next invoice date, and next invoice date in the customer memo or line description text areas when you add/edit a recurring invoice. You will see new draggable buttons near those sections that can be either clicked or dragged into the text area, causing custom text to appear.
When the recurring invoice processes, it will replace that custom text with the appropriate date.
- Credit Card Expiration Notices: Recur360 can now automatically email your customers prior to their credit card's expiration. In Settings->Account
you can enable this new feature and specify how many days/months prior to a card expiration to email the customer. If you have the payment link enabled in Settings->Email,
that link will be included in the email and customers can update their card through there. Otherwise they will be informed to contact you to update their billing information. Only customers with cards that are linked to active transactions (recurring invoices, recurring payments, or scheduled payments) will be notified. The Cards Expiring Report also now has a checkbox that filters to show only cards linked to those active transactions.
- Active/Completed Recurring Invoices and Recurring Payments: If you visit the Recurring Invoices or Recurring Payments section, they are now split into Active and Completed recurring transactions.
If you specify an ending for your recurring invoice/payment, once it finishes it will now move to the Completed section to help you identify completed transactions more easily.
- Email Payment Link: The payment link that can be included in emails now has a number of new features:
- Customers can now make partial payments against an invoice. When they select an invoice to pay, they can change the amount they pay from the full amount to whatever partial amount they would like.
- Customers can now see Past Invoices by clicking on the "Past Invoices" tab in the link. This will allow them to send emails to themselves for past transactions.
- There are also a number of new columns on the page providing customers more details about their invoices.
- Automatic Payment Method Selection: Now when you choose to pay with a customer's payment method in a Recurring Invoice, Recurring Payment, or through the Process Payment buttons, when you select a specific card/ach, the payment method that gets written into QuickBooks will automatically select a corresponding payment method. For example if you choose a Visa card and have a payment method named "Visa", that payment method will automatically be selected. Supported payment methods include Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, and ACH (You must have payment methods with those names in order for the selection to work).
- Pro Rate Values: When you set a recurring invoice to prorate the first invoice, a new column will appear in the invoice lines area displaying the prorated amount of each line in the invoice.
- Authorize.Net Reseller: Looking for a payment processor? Sign up for Authorize.Net through our authorized reseller link: Sign Up Here
- There are also a number of other behind the scenes enhancements and updates throughout the platform.
2018-04-30: General Updates
- Multiple Recur360 Accounts: You can now set up multiple Recur360 accounts/QuickBooks files, with just one login! The UI has been overhauled to support this. In the bottom of the left side menu, there are now new options for Recur360 Accounts, Login Settings, Billing Settings, and Logout.
Recur360 Accounts will show you every Recur360 account you can access and give you the ability to add a new Recur360 account, which will let you connect and configure a new QuickBooks file! At the top of the page is also a dropdown that will show you the Recur360 Account you are currently accessing and allow you to switch to a different account on the fly.
- Login Settings is now where you go to change anything related to your login, such as your name, email, and password.
- Billing Settings allows you to view/update your billing information.
- Many of these options used to be in Settings->Account, but now that section only relates to the Recur360 account you are currently accessing. In there you can update your company name, access your .qwc file for QuickBooks Desktop accounts, or delete that particular Recur360 account. This update will be especially useful to Accountants who want to manage multiple QuickBooks files in Recur360 by only needing one login!
- Customer Details: If you click on any customer, you can now view a list of Recurring Invoices that customer is linked to right on the customer details page.
- Pro-Rating Recurring Invoices: If you check the box to Prorate The First Invoice when adding/editing a recurring invoice, when you add/edit line items, you can now choose if you want to not pro-rate any specific lines. This would allow you to prorate the monthly fee line on an invoice but still charge the full amount for a setup fee line.
- Card Expiring Emails: If you visit the Cards Expiring Report, you can now check any upcoming expiring cards (as long as the customer record has an email address on them), and send an email, notifying that user to update their card information.
- And More:
- The Recurring Invoices page now has a location column for QuickBooks Online connected Recur360 Accounts
and a class column for QuickBooks Desktop connected Recur360 Accounts.
- After adding a Payment Processor, there is now an easy link to update your Payment Link Settings, so you can be sure all of your customers can easily pay their invoices.
2018-03-29: General Updates
- Email Delivery Status: You can now view delivery information about emails you send to your customers! The Email History report/emails list in an invoice now has a delivery status column. This will show statuses such as deliverd, opened, and clicked as your customer's interact with their emails.
You can click on those statuses to get more information, such as for specific email addresses if the email was sent to multiple recipients.
You can also see if any emails bounced, allowing you to update the email address in your customer record to ensure future delivery. (Note: Emails sent prior to this update might not be supported)
- Stripe ACH Support: You can now process ACH payments using Stripe! Stripe requires all bank accounts be verified prior to being able to charge them. In order to verify a bank account, upon adding bank details to a customer, 2 small temporary deposits will be made into the bank account within 1 to 2 business days. You will need to retrieve the values for those deposits and enter them into Recur360 or your Stripe dashboard. Once verified, you can use that bank account like any other payment details in Recur360.
- Duplicate Recurring Invoice: Now if you edit an existing Recurring Invoice, there is a new Duplicate Recurring Invoice button. Clicking on that will set up a new Recurring Invoice with the same details, all you need to do is choose the customer and their payment details and push Submit.
- Customer CSV Export: You can now download a CSV of your customers list.
- Multiple BCC Emails: In Settings->Emails you can now enter multiple BCC email addresses just separate each email address with a comma.
- Create a Recurring Payment From a Customer: Now when you select a customer on customer's list, there is a "Create new Recurring Payment" button that starts a new Recurring Payment, filling in the customer.
- Customer Payment Methods: Now in the customers list, you can quickly see if you've added ACH/CC details to a customer with the Payment Type column.
- Email Later: When creating/editing a recurring invoice with a customer with an email address, there is now a Mark Invoice As To Be Emailed checkbox, which will mark the generated invoice in QuickBooks.
2018-03-12: General Updates
- Recur360 Payments: You can now process payments using Recur360 Payments! Contact us if you would like to sign up for Recur360 Payments for your payment processing.
- USAePay: You can now link your USAePay processor with Recur360.
2018-02-20: General Updates
- Stripe: Use Stripe for recurring invoices and payments in QuickBooks Online and Desktop.
- Apply Customer Payment Method To All: If you go to edit a customer, next to every one of their payment details is now an "Apply To All" button. Clicking on that will update every future recurring invoice, payment, and scheduled payment with that payment method!
- Customer Payment Method Update Email: If any of your customers update/store their payment details through the email payment link, both you and them will receive an email confirming that action.
- Recurring Invoice Prorating: If you select the checkbox to prorate a recurring invoice, that has been updated to now charge the customer the prorated amount on whatever date you select as the start date. The future recurring intervals will then be for the full amount.
- Split Invoice and Payment Dates: Now you can set your recurring invoices to invoice on one day and process the payment automatically X days later!
When the recurring invoice processes, a Scheduled Payment will be created. If you go to the particular invoice details
or visit the new Scheduled Payments report,
you can see info about upcoming scheduled payments and have the ability to cancel them.
- Recurring Invoice Overdue Email Settings: Recurring invoices can now be configured so that overdue notice emails get sent every X days until the invoice is paid!
- Even More:
- You can now set a phone number different from your account phone number to be displayed on your emails by going to Settings->Emails and updating the company phone number there.
- The Recur360 Payment history report will display cash/check under the type column for cash/check payments made in Recur360.
- You can now create a recurring invoice right from a customer. If you visit any customer details, there is a "Create new Recurring Invoice" button that can be pressed to get the processed started.
- There are also various other behind the scenes performance improvements and bug fixes!
QuickBooks Desktop Integration Updates
- Inventory Parts: Recurring invoices now support the use of Inventory Part type items.
2018-01-31: General Updates
- Manual Payment Reference/Check #: Now if you manually process a payment in the admin panel and choose the "Cash/Check" payment method, you can enter in a "Reference/Check #" that will be written with the payment into QuickBooks.
- Email Payment Link: In Settings->Email, under the "Payment Link Settings" area, you can now choose to have a different payment processor used for card payments and ach payments.
Also if users choose to store their payment details, the confirmation popup will now state that their details were stored.
The Recurring Invoices page now has a "Payment Type" column stating if the invoice is set to automatically collect Card or ACH payments as well.
- Make An Invoice Recurring: If you visit the page with the details of any invoice, there is now a "Make Recurring" button in the upper right.
Clicking that will fill in the "Add New Recurring Invoice" page with all of that invoices details, allowing you to fill in the frequency/other fields and quickly create a recurring invoice. (If the invoice contains item types that are not supported by Recur360 recurring invoices, those items will not be added to the recurring invoice.)
- Email History Report CSV: You can now export a CSV from the Email History Report.
- Expired Session Redirect: If you leave Recur360 open without any interaction and your session expires, the next time you search in a table/redirect the page, you will be notified of your expired session and automatically redirected to the login page.
2017-10-30: General Updates - Our Largest Update To Date!
- Recurring Payments: Now you can schedule recurring payments, either against an existing invoice or against an existing customer, by going to Recurring Payments in the side menu. For example if you had an open invoice with a balance of $120.00 and the client agreed to pay $10/month, you could create a recurring payment for $10/month against that invoice.
- Collections Center: Recur360 now imports all of your open invoices from QuickBooks! You can visit Collections Center in the side menu to view any open invoice. You can then view the details, process payments, or schedule reminder emails to help you get paid quicker!
- Email Payment Links: Your recipients can now pay for their invoices right from their email! By visiting Settings->Email, under "Payment Link Settings", you can enable a payment link to be added to all of your outgoing emails. If recipients click on that link, they will be brought to a page listing out all of their open invoices, giving them the ability to pay for any and also allowing for them to store their payment details for automatic use for all future transactions!
- New Reports: You can now view the "Payment History" report to see a list of all successful payments. You can also view the "Email History" report to view all pending and sent emails from Recur360 to your recipients.
- Much More: The following are a few examples of the variety of other new updates incorporated throughout the platform. When you click on a "Process Payment" button next to an invoice, you can now choose the Cash/Check payment method to write a payment to QuickBooks without any processing occurring. If a customer has a Customer Account #, it will now be included in invoice/payment emails. You can now set the number of days after an invoice is overdue to send the collection notice when creating a recurring invoice. Many invoice numbers throughout the system are now clickable and can bring you to the Invoice Details page.
- (QuickBooks Desktop Users: A sync task has been queued for your account, be sure to run the web connector immediately to begin using all of these new features. The first time you sync with this update may take considerably longer depending on the size of your QuickBooks file. After this initial sync, future syncs should be quicker.)
2017-09-18: General Updates
- When adding Payment Details to a customer, you can now easily set a unique billing address for each card added.
- If any recurring invoice had any type of error, a checkbox will appear on the Recurring Invoices screen allowing you to easily filter to those errored recurring invoices.
- The card type (Visa, Mastercard, etc) is now displayed with any card payment details in a customer record.
QuickBooks Online Integration Updates
- When creating/editing a customer in Recur360, there is now support for more fields including notes, taxable, exemption details, default tax code, preferred payment method, default terms, and preferred delivery method.
QuickBooks Desktop Integration Updates
- Support for QuickBooks Desktop for Canada has now been added.
- When creating/editing a customer in Recur360, there is now support for more fields including account number, payment terms, preferred payment method, tax code, tax item, resale number, customer type, and rep.
- When creating/editing a recurring invoice, you can now choose a Rep to be automatically set for any created invoices.
2017-09-05: Recur360 named a Top 10 App for 2017 for QuickBooks Online and will be competing in the $100,000 App Showdown
2017-08-14: General Updates
- Export a CSV of your Recurring Invoices by clicking the button at the bottom of the Recurring Invoices section.
2017-07-24: General Updates
- Check out the new Recur360 landing page at www.recur360.com
2017-06-28: General Updates
- Invoice emails can now be resent within Recur360. To do this, visit an invoice in the Reports or Customer Invoices section and push the "Send Email" button. The emails will have the latest balance/payment on them based on what is synced in Recur360.
2017-06-22: General Updates
- Support for international characters has now been added. Characters such as è, ü, and ß can now be used and sync between Recur360 and QuickBooks.
2017-05-01: General Updates
- The PDF that is emailed with Invoices that have a balance due can now include a payment authorization form. Visit Settings->Email to learn more and enable this feature.
2017-04-17: General Updates
- All invoice/paid invoice emails now have a new PDF with details of the transaction attached to them.
- Recurring invoices can now be set to a frequence of "every X months on the X day of each month." This allows for biannual and quarterly invoices.
- Your next Recur360 billing date and amount can be viewed in Settings->Account.
- Most lists now default to 20 results, recurring invoices page sorts by customer by default.
- The date of an invoice is added to invoice emails.
- If the Elavon payment processor is connected and billing details are added to a customer with a billing zip code longer than 5 digits, only the first five digits will send to Elavon per their requirements.
- Users can now sign up with Intuit Single Sign On. This allows users to sign up and login with their Intuit account.
- A welcome email gets sent out when signing up.
- The home page of Recur360 has a link to a FAQ section.
QuickBooks Online Integration Updates
- Line items on recurring invoices can have negative values. (The overall invoice total must be positive.)
- When connecting QuickBooks Online to Recur360, there is now a page detailing how to turn "Custom Transaction Numbers" off, allowing Invoice numbers to automatically be created.
QuickBooks Desktop Integration Updates
- Invoice and payment syncing in the sync log now display the name of the related customer as well as a link to their record.
- Customers marked inactive in QuickBooks Desktop will be removed from Recur360.